Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pet Peeves

Daniel Tosh has "I Hate" videos, so I am going to air out my list of pet peeves:

1) I despise being interrupted. All you smartasses out there who know me better not start interrupting me just because I said I hated it. You may think you are being funny, but you may find oatmeal in your shoes if you are not careful. The company I work for has tech support in India. The people who answer the phone are knowledgeable, polite, and speak English VERY well. Sometimes they have heavy accents, but they DO live in India, so I think I can cut them some slack. I know that their English is WAY better than my Indian will ever be. There is one little itty bitty problem: They interrupt. I am beginning to think that it is a cultural thing because they all do it. I understand that they are different from me, but dammit, I want to reach through the phone and crack heads when it happens.

2) People who drive slowly in the left lane. I have expounded on this theme through the medium of Facebook, but since I have to experience the phenomenon EVERY SINGLE DAY of the universe, I never get enough vent time. Extra special annoyance is caused by those individuals who feel they have to pull in front of me to block the left lane. REALLY?!?!!?!? For the love of all that is good, please get the hell out of the way. My favorite recent left lane blockage occured last week. I was traveling down a very steep and winding road behind a tractor trailer. The truck moved over to the right to allow all of us to pass. Apparently, I was not accelerating fast enough for the B!&*ch behind me so she impatiently "waved" me forward. I left her in the dust. A short while later, she drove around and past me. Three miles down the road, guess who was blocking the left lane with her BMW SUV! It took all of my restraint to not give her the finger as I passed.

3) Poor customer service. I work in customer service and I pride myself on doing the best job I know how. I think that makes me extra sensitive when I receive bad service. Just today, I called a local eating establishment and asked a question. I was on the fence about whether or not I wanted to give them another chance. The first experience with them was not positive. The person who answered the phone did not have the answer I was seeking. She asked for help and apparently took issue with the manner in which I asked the question. As she walked away from the phone, I could hear her making fun of me. I understand that she was working from a place of fear regarding her own shortcomings, but obviously her parents failed to instill within her a modicum of respect for others. I thanked the person who ended up answering my question and let her know that I had heard the other girl. I think I did fairly well considering that the place in question is very close to my house and I could have just driven over there and gotten up in the that little (insert expletive here) girl's face and delivered a thorough rant. I save myself for the blog.

Well, that's all I have for today. Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have something else to bitch about in the very near future. Topic for next time? Men are babies.

0 comments:

About This Blog

The clutter is making me crazy. So you will join me on my journey through the trials and tribulations of making a better use of my space.

Blog Archive

I read:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP